Thursday, August 11, 2005

James Part 6

James and I were still going out at night with his stealing buddy so we could make some money. I remember that we were in his friends neighborhood at the Giant grocery store(that's odd to have a "real" grocery store in the city). Anyways, the three of us were standing outside talking and getting ready to have his buddy take us back home. If you remember his buddy hated me when we first met but we were slowly starting to become friends.

While James and his buddy were loading up his car with food three black guys walked up to me and asked me for my phone number. I just smiled and said no thanks. I looked at James and his friend with my eyes pleading for some help. The guys noticed my stare and walked up to James and tried to make him look like a bitch. One of the guys said "I like your watch....give it to me." I walked over to the stealing buddy looking for some protection. I don't remember what was said after that. I remember us all getting in the car and we started chasing the guys down the road. James reached under the car seat and grabbed his buddy's gun. I was ducking down in the back seat while the guys in both cars were yelling at each other. The other guys freaked when they saw the gun and James tried to shoot at them but never took the safety off of the gun.

The other guys hauled ass when they saw the gun so they were out of site and we went home. I remember the relief I felt when we found out he did not know how to take the safety off. Me and the stealing buddy laughed the whole way home at James expense. The laughter was out of relief that nobody got hurt.

James was trying to prove to us that he was not punked out by those guys but it just made him look like an ass.

This is the world I was going to bring my baby into?

After that whole ordeal I decided to meet with my old high school counselor to see how I could get back into school to get my diploma.

I went to summer school....I needed time away from James and to lead by a good example for my baby. There was one condition for me to go back to school. I needed to finish summer school and could not miss one day. I was determined to do whatever I had to do to make things right for me and MY baby.

to be continued.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home