Wednesday, May 04, 2005

James Part 15

When James came home from jail I was filled with promises that he had changed. He wanted to be the best father to Anna. I wanted this to be true and I really wanted to believe him. We were spending a lot of time together as a family. I was having some medical problems and I was not eating or drinking very much. I think it had to do with the birth control the doctors had me on.

We were shopping at a local mall when James had a seizure and was rushed to the hospital. I was right there with him and Anna's was with me also. I had called my stepmom (the crazy bitch who tried to run me over with her car) and I was making plans to move in with my dad. My stepmom came to the hospital to pick me and Anna up and take us back to my mom's house so we could get all of our things.

When I got to the house my mom, stepdad, stepmom, dad, and the friend I was staying with were all in the livingroom. At that moment I knew that this was bad....my stepmom had carried Anna into the house and gave her to my dad to hold. Mom started screaming at me and told me to get out of her house (I am not even sure what she was saying to me). I reached my arms out to get Anna and they held her away from me. I remember thinking that I was not going to get into a tug of war with my daughter and they were not giving her to me so I left the house.

I walked to the hospital screaming and crying the whole way. By the time I got there James was gone. I called his "stealing buddy" and talked to his wife and she had me take a cab to her house and I stayed there for the night.

I got with James the next day and we were back to living in motels. We found a ride to take us to get Anna from my dad's house and this time I called the cops to help me get her. The cops went to the house and came back out without Anna. I was asked who had custody of Anna. "I gave birth to her...I do" then the cop informed me that nobody had "legal custody" so if they did not want to give her back that I would have to go to court and my parents already had plans to go to court to take her from me. I thought because I gave birth to her and I was 18 (adult) that I had some rights...I guess I was wrong.

We went back to the motel and made plans to go to court that Monday. I knew this was going to be a major fight. We went to court and they lied...about everything. I still have those court papers and it pisses me off every time I see it. They made accusations that I was leaving Anna alone and she was left in diapers 3-4 days old. If you have a child then you know that it is not possible the leave a diaper on that long. If Anna slept through the night the diaper would fall off of her.

The first court date was at the end of April. Anna was 3 months old and my birthday and mothers day was in less than 2 weeks and my parents were granted custody for 200 days and I was not granted visitation. My first mothers day, my birthday was to be spent away from my baby. She was my life and they ripped her away from me. How can I ever forgive them for that? I can't.

to be continued.......

5 Comments:

Blogger Princess said...

Far out!
What an amazing story you have. I cant wait till you undate it.

Wow...

2:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dawn, please tell me there is more to ths story and you are still going.

You have shown an amazing amount of courage and strength. I cannot wait for the next part...

xxx

4:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so stunned at everything you have gone thru and your still going.
Your truly a strong and wonderful woman.
Im desperatly hoping your story has a happy ending.

XXX

4:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Mesmerizing.

I'm with the others and am hoping for the conclusion of the story (which I'm assuming is far from over) and that your life is far from this drama now.

12:38 PM  
Blogger Princess said...

Hey Dawn,
I have had some trouble getting into this site!! it just wont load sometimes.
I was worried i was going to miss out on your next post. But i didnt ;) lol

xoxo

4:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home